The little book of managing change TDA Hand book
I have chosen to read this first with the links to my subject specialism and I am interested to see how or if views and opinions from education regards change match or align with more business orientated publications?
My key considerations from this paper –
- One size doesn’t fit all
- Six principles to consider – effective leadership / inclusive culture / broad collaboration / change teams / proven change process / political and emotional considerations
- Interesting points raised around compelling reason for change / clear vision / coherent plan to get there
- A shift from top down with all key stakeholders engaged / change teams needed giving members the power to change
- Schools are learners as well as leaders in education / remove barriers walls open gateways
- Change teams are vital which 1identify 2facilitate 3collaborate 4consensus 5embed 6improve
I did like the five headings as a simple touchstone for formulating the planning process.